XTM is an enterprise cloud-based translation management system (TMS) with integrated computer-aided translation (CAT) and computer-aided review (CAR) tools. This localization platform harnesses intelligent automation and AI technology to streamline complex localization workflows.
XTM’s feature set is rich. It has a workflow builder that enables complex processes to be defined, analytics, time tracking, quality evaluation integrated with TAUS DQF, multiple connectors, and a customer portal.
According to XTM, their top competitors are SDL WorldServer, SDL TMS, and Smartling.
- TMS with built-in online CAT tool available as SaaS on public cloud, private cloud or on-premise
- User access via web browser on PCs and tablets or using the XTM Mobile App on mobile devices
- Translation memory, termbases, text alignment, monolingual and bilingual terminology extraction, segment ID matching
- Visual editor for Adobe InDesign, XML and HTML (web-based) for in-context WYSIWYG previews
- Project management suite with intelligent automation rules
- Terminology management suite with references and screenshots
- Customer portal
- REST API and over 20 connectors
- Reporting and time-tracking
- Automatic quality assurance
- Translation quality score evaluation workbench integrated with DQF / MQM
- Customizable security including SAML, single sign on (SSO) via OAuth 2.0 or SAML or two-step verification; independent audits to ensure full system and data security
- Support for Microsoft Word spell checker
- Translations stored in cache and restored from history in case of connectivity issues
Best suited for
- Corporate translation and localization departments with complex needs in automation and reporting
- Medium to large LSPs that want to keep their translation activity in a single TMS and CAT tool
XTM was founded by Bob Willans and Andrzej Zydroń in 2002, and was ahead of the curve as the primary cloud-based TMS. As broadband internet became widespread, XTM grew its customer base considerably. As a vendor-independent technology company, XTM sells both to enterprises and LSPs. The parent company XTM International is headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Poland, the US, Japan, Ireland, and Argentina.
XTM Cloud Group – from €17 per user per month
Group account – from €32 per user per month
Private Cloud instances for groups of more than 50 users have a €20,000 – 50,000 / year price tag.
There’s a specific price allocated to a connector, paid on a yearly basis.
There may also be overall customer agreements in place for the use of multiple connectors.