error_outline Main Info
add_circle_outline Additional functionality
Smartcat is building a single-loop translation delivery system. Smartcat uses a disruptive business model to enable Connected Translation.
Having started development as early as in 2010, Smartcat began to see rapid growth in 2017.
As of April 2020, Smartcat has more than 100 employees globally.
- Fully cloud-based TMS
- Web-based editor with a central translation memory, termbase, automatic QA
- Translation management suite with automation rules
- Payment automation solutions
- 300,000+ freelancer marketplace
- REST API and pre-built integrations with various CMS & repos
- Own MT engine, as well as others integrated
- Built-in OCR
Security: SC offers a choice of servers for data storage in US, Ireland, and Hong Kong, and has a private cloud option (without access to the marketplace).
Best suited for
- Translation companies
- Translation customers looking for linguists/LSPs or a translation environment to streamline processes in their translation/localization department
- Freelance and in-house linguists, as well as related professionals
Smartcat was originally developed in 2012–2015 as a CAT tool for in-house use by ABBYY Language Solutions, a linguistic service provider within the ABBYY group of companies. The parent company became a resident of the Skolkovo accelerator in 2011. The SaaS service was launched in 2014 in beta.
In 2016, Smartcat spun out of ABBYY LS to become a separate company and attracted $2.8 million in investments from Ilya Shirokov, ex-CEO at Odnoklassniki and founder of Yandex-acquired social network MoiKrug.ru.
In 2018, Smartcat raised 7 million in Series A from Matrix Partners.
As of May 2020, the platform has more than 300,000 freelance and corporate suppliers on its marketplace and provides an “app store” allowing users to integrate their Smartcat account with third-party solutions.
Option 1 – Forever Free. This package gives you everything you’ll find in other platforms, plus some things you don’t, all for $0 dollars.
Option 2 – Smartcat Rise
Starting from 249$/mo.: Has everything from Forever Free plus Project Management Auto-Pilot, Increased Automation, Enhanced Data Management & Security, Global AP/AR budget-saving solution, VIP Treatment.
Enterprise solutions are also available – including Private cloud options.