MultiTrans Ⓡ TMS
Updated: 19 / 07 / 2018
MultiTrans Ⓡ TMS is Donnelley Language Solutions’ enterprise translation management system used by over 150 corporate and institutional clients around the world.
- A desktop translation editor
- A web translation editor
- Project management suite with a flexible workflow configurator
- Financial management capabilities
- Public and private translation memory
- Pre-built and configurable connectors
- A business intelligence module that includes time tracking
- REST API
- Vendor management capabilities
- A TermBase glossary module
MultiTrans has robust project management components, customer and vendor portals and BI reporting. Its advantages over other systems are advanced TM leverage and deeper alignment options. Multitrans keeps translations in the database as a complete text and can re-segment and re-index it with a new rule set, potentially getting more matches.
On the other hand, MultiTrans entered the connector space later than other systems and has a shorter range of integrations.
- Enterprises single-sourcing translation software and services
- Companies translating lump document packages
MultiTrans was founded originally as MultiCorpora in 1994 in Ottawa, Canada. In 2014, the company was acquired by RR Donnelley and integrated into the Donnelley Language Services business unit. As of 2018, more than 150 corporate and institutional clients around the world used MultiTrans Ⓡ TMS, primarily in the health, financial and legal industries, as well as in the government sector.