error_outline Main Info
|Deployment model||donePublic Cloud|
add_circle_outline Additional functionality
doneMobile app updates on air
|Public Machine translation||DeepL|
|Online repositories (hotfolder integrations)||Amazon S3|
|Web & Software||Bitbucket|
|Technical documentation||doneSalesForce Knowledge|
|Supported file formats||done.NET localization formats (.resx .resw)|
doneAndroid apps (.xml)
doneComma-Separated Values (.csv)
doneDigia QT (.ts)
doneExcel (.xls .xlsx)
doneINI Files (.ini .conf .cfg)
doneiOS apps (.strings)
doneJava property files (.properties)
doneMicrosoft Office (.doc .docx .xls .xlsx .xlsm .ppt .pptx)
doneMultilingual website GetText Portable object (.po .pot)
doneMultilingual XML formats (.xml)
doneWeb pages (.html .htm .xhtml .xht .shtml .shtm)
doneYAML language (.yml .yaml)
Lokalise is an app localization platform. Lokalise positions itself as a localization and translation management platform for agile teams.
They integrate into a development workflow to help ship localized products faster.
- Build fully automated workflows through the API/CLI and Automations
- Integrate with developer tools, including code repositories – GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
- Connect Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD to localize designs and share visual context with translators
- Give the translators and team members more context by uploading screenshots – text on the images will be automatically recognized and matched with keys
- Invite an internal or external team of translators, or order translations through Lokalise
- Use Bulk actions to perform mass actions on keys or translations
- Find and link duplicates or try merging multi-platform keys to avoid doing the same task twice
- Collaborate with team members via the built-in chat and productivity integrations (Slack, Jira, e-mail, Asana, Trello, etc.)
- Manage and organize a localization workflow in a way that works best for the team – assign tasks, set multiple revision steps and chain them one after another, assign custom statuses, both manually and in bulk, use sophisticated search and filter functionalities for strings
- Publish translations directly with over-the-air localization SDK for iOS and Android devices. No need to wait days for the next deployment and re-submit a new version for approval to the App Store or Google Play
- Get access to the customer support for all plans via a live-chat with human agents (no bots) and the average response time under 2 minutes
- Mobile application developers
- Growth-oriented companies with tech-savvy teams
Lokalise differentiates from other TMS via a strong visual localization functionality and ability to integrate into developer tools.
It brings together developers, managers, designers, copywriters, and translators to work efficiently on translating and launching any kind of digital asset.
Founded in 2017 in Riga, Latvia by tech entrepreneurs Petr Antropov and Nick Ustinov, the product-led SaaS business has since attracted over 2000 customers in 80 countries, including Notion, Lemonade, Bayer, Revolut, HP, Tidal, Delivery Hero, BASF, Yelp, Virgin Mobile, Johnson & Johnson, and KPMG.
Bootstrapped since their launch, the team decided to raise external capital to hire top SaaS talent globally in order to accelerate its growth as the company goes fully-remote.
The team of 100+ members includes 15 nationalities from 3 continents.
Some additional supported file formats
Apple Stringsdict (.stringsdict)
Apple XLIFF (.xliff)
Objective-C/Cocoa Properties (.plist)
React Native (i18n, .js)
Xcode Localization Catalog (XCLOC)
Examples of additional integrations
Ruby on Rails
Single Sign On
Lokalise standard pricing is based on platform users (seats) and the size of the userbase of the translated application (monthly active users).
There is a free plan available with 2 seats, ∞ languages, 2 projects included.
A basic paid plan starts at USD 120 a month, with 10 seats included, extra seats at USD 12 a month (or USD 14 if paid monthly).
There’s also an Essential plan for small and medium-sized businesses (USD 230) and Pro for advanced localization teams (USD 585).
Enterprise pricing is an extra tier, subject to negotiations.
All pricing plans come with a free 14-day trial. No credit card is required.
See also: https://lokalise.com/pricing
g_translate Translator workbench
|Editor functionality||doneConcordance search|
doneMultiple file chaining into a single editable job
doneMultiple segment filtering optionshelp_outline
doneSearch and replace
doneSource text editinghelp_outline
doneSupports right-to-left languages
|Translation Editor OS support||doneWeb editor|
|Productivity||doneCentralized & real-time translation memory|
doneMachine translation integrated
|Quality||doneAutomated quality assurance (AutoQA)|
doneQuality evaluation functionality (LQA)
doneVoting for the best translationhelp_outline
|Context||donePreview for Android apps|
donePreview for iOS apps
doneSegments can link to screenshots and reference materials
|Terminology||doneLive suggestions from term base|
doneTerm descriptions & images
|Collaboration||doneBuilt-in instant messaging chat|
doneComments for segments
doneMulti-user simultaneous work on a single jobhelp_outline
record_voice_over PM workbench
|Access (PM)||doneWeb app|
|Projects||doneAutomated project creation and resource allocation|
doneDocument version historyhelp_outline
doneJob analysis and price calculation based on TM & MT
doneProject status and issues dashboardshelp_outline
doneTask manager for an in-house team
doneVendor price lists and cost analyticshelp_outline
|Workflows||doneSource change detectionhelp_outline|
doneWorkflows can launch from an API call
|Vendor management||donePayment automationhelp_outline|
doneVendors can log in to review past & available work
|Customer portal||doneAccess to terminology|
doneAccess to workflow steps
doneAccess translation memory
doneInstant MT & TM a document
doneReporting & Analytics
|Security||doneCan prevent file downloads|
doneISO 27001 certification
donePrevent MT use
doneRoles and access rights editor
doneSOC2 type 2 compliance
doneUser activity logs