error_outline Main Info
|Deployment model||donePublic Cloud|
add_circle_outline Additional functionality
|Public Machine translation||Google|
|Online repositories (hotfolder integrations)||Google Drive|
|Web & Software||Adobe Experience Manager|
|Supported file formats||doneAdobe InDesign (.idml .indb)|
doneComma-Separated Values (.csv)
doneExcel (.xls .xlsx)
doneiOS apps (.strings)
doneJava property files (.properties)
doneMarkdown file (.md)
doneMicrosoft Office (.doc .docx .xls .xlsx .xlsm .ppt .pptx)
doneMicrosoft Windows text file (.txt)
doneMultilingual website GetText Portable object (.po .pot)
doneMultilingual XML formats (.xml)
doneRich Text Format (.rtf)
doneYAML language (.yml .yaml)
BWX system was created around the idea of providing tools to tackle complex projects and automating repetitive tasks. The focus is on the productivity of professionals involved in the localization and reducing integration and service costs for the customers.
It is a state-of-the-art localization platform with AI-driven automation, API integrations & integrated professional translation services.
Quoting is a primary, not secondary feature in BWX. The platform was built with cost management in mind, not as a layer above a traditional TMS.
BWX features dynamic workflow management which allows users to customize behaviors through triggers and webhooks—so that they can receive for instance a Slack message in case a file is not progressing as expected, or an e-mail when a given workflow for a given language is complete.
The ability to manage workflows that are both in the BWX translation editor environment as well as outside of it (e.g. DTP or engineering steps) helps localization managers in terms of end-to-end project tracking. BWX captures any kind of workflow even if it has nothing to do with the translation itself, e.g., “sending to printer”.
BWX is opinionated as a platform making educated decisions based on data, provided that the parameters are properly set up. This frees up time for people to think more about the exceptions while the bulk of the workflows is automated:
- It allows you to create specific project templates with parameters based on certain conditions. Instead of having to set up a recurrent project X times in a year, you can set it up just once.
- BWX supports project creation from traditional files such as MS Word or Adobe InDesign, structured files like XML, YAML or JSON. Files can be uploaded through the BWX portal, API integration, or a Command Line Interface.
- The system will recognize an InDesign from an iOS file, for instance. Based on this, it will “know” that the InDesign file will require a layout workflow step while the iOS file will initially require a regular expression analysis to ensure optimal file parsing.
- BWX can also analyze the subject matter of the file.
- Moreover, BWX uses the quality data generated around how translators and other agents perform on the platform to determine those that are likely to have a successful outcome with a given file.
Starter package for individual users is free.
Small Teams option is USD 299 per month
Medium Teams is USD 499 per month
Large Teams is USD 799 per month
Enterprise option is starting at USD 1,999 per month
For the detailed breakdown of functionalities in each option, visit https://bwx.io/ , section “Our Pricing”.
g_translate Translator workbench
|Editor functionality||doneConcordance search|
doneSearch and replace
|Translation Editor OS support||doneWeb editor|
|Productivity||doneCentralized & real-time translation memory|
doneMachine translation integrated
|Quality||doneAutomated quality assurance (AutoQA)|
doneQuality evaluation functionality (LQA)
|Context||donePreview for Adobe InDesign|
donePreview for HTML
donePreview for iOS apps
donePreview for MS Excel
donePreview for MS Word
donePreview for video
donePreview for XML
|Terminology||doneLive suggestions from term base|
doneQA check for consistency
doneTerm descriptions & images
doneTerm indexing and tagginghelp_outline
|Collaboration||doneComments for segments|