error_outline Main Info
add_circle_outline Additional functionality
Across Language Server is a German enterprise TMS that sells to the whole supply chain: from the buyer to LSP, their subcontractors and freelancers. It’s known as a closed system focused on data security.
- Original desktop editor
- More recent web editor with preview
- Project management apps – desktop and web
- Two reporting/business intelligence solutions
- Standalone terminology solution – CrossTerm
- Standalone marketplace/social network – CrossMarket
- A tool to link up multiple servers – CrossLink
- Business intelligence and KPI component – DataCube
- Connectors – CrossConnect
- Enterprises with needs for advanced localization workflows and reporting in a server scenario
- Technical writing teams using document CMS
- LSPs with security and automation requirements
On the plus side, Across has more document CMS and PIM system connectors than rival TMS and offers unique security features for GDPR compliance. On the other side, it is sometimes criticized for an older UI and bulkier feature set.
Across Systems GmbH has been founded quite early in 2005, as a spin-off from Nero, a software firm that produced popular CD burning application. At the time, localization tools were few, the choice limited to Trados and Transit. Nero created their own translation suite and developed a company from it, with top management eventually sharing in the stock.
Across has always grown organically, and without outside funding. It developed initially in the German-speaking world, selling to security-conscious German manufacturers, and eventually started expansion into the United States.
At the beginning of 2018, around 80 people worked at Across Systems, and revenue estimates exceeded 5 million euros, making it one of the larger language technology companies.
Basic – Free
Premium – €19.50/month
Support for multiple customers and translator’s own TM & TB
Enterprise pricing starts at 4900 euros, with extra 3,800 euros per CMS connector. There is an optional 20% annual support and maintenance contract. Enterprise clients often add onboarding and training services worth about 20% of the license costs.
The average project size is 30,000 euros.