error_outline Main Info
add_circle_outline Additional functionality
The Across Language Server is an all-in-one translation management system for businesses, language service providers, and freelancers. It facilitates the entire translation process, including project and workflow management, translation, proofreading, and approval. The Across Language Server is a solution for all translation processes, ranging from automatically connecting third-party systems to securely storing all language data and translating individual content with precision. It’s known as a closed, but transparent system focused on data security.
- Project and workflow management – desktop and web-based applications
- User rights management
- Editor – desktop and web-based applications
- Quality management
- Terminology management
- Customer ordering portal (Across Language Portal Solution)
- Look-up desktop application (Across Language Assistant)
- Connectors and integrations
- Process automation solutions
- Business intelligence solution (Data Cube)
- Trainable machine translation (AcrossMT)
- Enterprises with needs for advanced localization workflows and reporting in a server scenario
- Technical writing teams using document CMS
- LSPs with security and automation requirements
- Freelance translators
The company Across Systems GmbH was founded in 2005 as a spin-off from Nero, a software company that developed a popular CD burning application. Nero developed its translation suite at a time when localization tools were limited. Based in Germany, the company’s headquarters in Karlsbad oversee Across’ operations.
Since January 4, 2021, Across Systems has been part of the Volaris Group, a Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) company.
In order to improve productivity and collaboration between project managers and linguists, Across provides a wide range of features, such as a detailed overview of comments and change history at the segment level, also in the form of reports, including measures such as edit distance. The use of ISO 17100-compliant workflows ensures traceability and transparency.
For a complete and up-to-date list of supported formats visit Across online help.
Across Translator Edition
Basic – Free
Standalone or Offline Client support retrieving tasks from customers with Across Language Servers
Premium – €19.50/month, billed annually
Concurrent connection to multiple customers with Across Language Servers
Installation on two computers
Usage of additional translation memory and terminology datasets
Across Language Server
Standard editions for enterprise and language service providers
Customized solutions according to customers’ needs
Training and certification
Across Language Server Light
Standard edition for small businesses and language service providers