How IKEA Does It –
For the purposes of this report, we will be discussing IKEA Group, otherwise known as Ingka Holding, which technically operates as a franchise for Inter IKEA Holding. IKEA Group, headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, is responsible for running the global retail operations for IKEA and this is where we focus our attention.
The information contained within this report has been gathered from various sources inside and outside the Language Services Industry. The insights are valuable whether you are a localization manager interested in learning from how IKEA does it, or an eager LSP who would like to understand the needs of this unique customer.
Information contained in this report:
- TL;DR – Executive Summary
- Organization structure and culture
- Centralization of localization processes
- Localization budget allocation
- Project management structure and processes
- Quality control processes
- Vendor management structure and processes
- Technology strategy and processes
- Nimdzi’s insights and summary of information
We know you are busy! That’s why each of our reports are formatted so that information can be quickly and easily digested. For those in a hurry, we provide the TL;DR (Too long; didn’t read!) section in the beginning of each report. At the end of each report we also summarize key points with our own Insights.
For those that think the devil is in the details, we have you covered, too! In the body of the report we go into as much detail as possible about each topic discussed. Still not satisfied? Never hesitate to reach out to us directly to request additional information. We’re here to help!